Special instructions for dialysis patient:
- Regular maintenance hemodialysis thrice weekly.
If patient has good urine output, stable renal functions, minimal symptoms, potassium and phosphorus are controlled and inter-dialytic weight gain Is not much than patient can come twice weekly.
- Good high protein low potassium diet
- Good physical activity.
- Regular investigation as per protocol.
- Vaccination as per protocol.
- Control of inter-dialytic weight gain.
- Care of Vascular access
- Care of dialysis catheter (avoid water soakage or soiling of catheter dressing).
- Fistula (no blood pressure measurements and intravenous pricks on fistula arm)